Friday, May 18, 2012

Fitting Debates: To Maxi, or Not to Maxi?

By Jessie

Maxi dresses: I am aware that I am quite a bit behind the curve to be purchasing my first maxi dress. But, I just assumed that this style would not be flattering on my body type - I assumed that it would be a failed fit, as we say.

But again and again, one of my stylish friends would arrive to a social gathering, looking adorable in a flowing, bright maxi, and I wondered if I should reconsider ... There had to be a maxi that worked for me too!

Finally, many years after the debut of the maxi dress. I made my first purchase.

I went easy on the pocketbook with this Len Druskin outlet dress. It had adjustable straps (woo-hoo!) and seemed to be made of a versatile print with bright summery colors.


And then I tried it on...so comfortable. Why hadn't I purchased one of these before?

It's not too late to rock the maxi!




Outfit details:
Dress: Len Druskin
Purse: Target
Necklace: TopShop
Shoes: (not pictured) Nine West
Sunglasses: H & M


No comments:

Post a Comment