Monday, August 27, 2012

Fitting Remarks: Appreciating Company

By: LL
While out for my four mile run this morning, I was surprised to be in the company of many groups of walkers. Normally at 5:15 a.m., the streets in and around my neighborhood are deserted and silent. I appreciate this quiet, peaceful time. However, this morning the sidewalks and edges of the streets were decorated with groups of 2-4 women out for morning walks together. Don't get me wrong, it was great to see them out exercising, but I did find myself a little annoyed to be forced to dodge these groups as their loud conversations disrupted the morning silence. It reminded me of the gym right after New Years and I had to check myself not to let it bother me and instead look on the bright side - I had some company on my run, even though I realized that I am the sole runner in a neighborhood full of walkers. Maybe I will be able to convince one of these groups to start running with me so I can have some real company while I run.


No comments:

Post a Comment