Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fit the Bill: Search for Chambray

By: LL
For about a year now, I have been searching for a chambray, long-sleeved button down that is well-fitted, the right shade, and affordable. I have come across a few different versions - most recently at J.Crew as seen here, Brooks Brothers seen here, and Ralph Lauren seen here. However, the style, color and price were not the right fits for me. Fortunately, I came across this option sold at Old Navy for only $24.50. 

Granted, the material is rather light-weight, which is perfect for the summer/fall transition, but not so great once I am back in the Midwest for the holidays. Either way, this chambray button down is a great temporary filler and works well with all the outfits that I am imaging in my head - including trying the denim on denim (or chambray on denim) as seen here. (Thanks, Jessica!) This shirt definitely fits the bill.

3 comments:

  1. oh, I am heading to Old Navy now- this is a great deal and so adorable, thanks THE RIGHT FITS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the Old Navy at the MOA- no chambray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that the MOA Old Navy doesn't carry the Chambray. You could always try the internet. Otherwise, Levis.com has a few good ones, which are a moderate price, and Forever 21 has some, too, for much cheaper. And, from what I heard from Jessica at What I Wore, J. Crew outlet has a variety of shades of chambray right now.

    ReplyDelete