Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fresh New Fit: Anyone up for the "Barre"

By: Jessie

A few weeks ago, I bought a Groupon to try 4 barre classes at Align Pilates. For $20, I could do 4 classes that normally cost $17/drop-in class. I only have one class left on this package deal, but Sunday mornings are "Save your bucks Sundays", so ALL classes are only $10! I decided to save my last official drop-in, and pay the $10- I will definitely be back after my package is done on a Sunday morning to feel the burn!

After a 15 mile long run on Saturday, the barre workout was a great option for cross training. It combines cardio, some weights (3 lb balls), mat Pilates, and lots of butt work on a traditional ballet barre. It felt great, and I would definitely recommend it to all ladies who are trying to eliminate that tricky "muffin top". My booty was quite sore the next day!

Top and headband: Lululemon Athletica
Pants: Lucy Activewear

3 comments:

  1. Where did you get that headband?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaye, appreciate you following us! The head back is from Lululemon, check it out here:
    http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-headwear/Dance--Headband-31918?cc=1033&skuId=3423659&catId=women-headwear

    ReplyDelete