Friday, November 11, 2011

Failed Fit: High School Denim

(Some of the most classic high school denim of our generation)

By: LL
Yesterday, Eat, Sleep, Denim posted about Denim Confessions - the worst jeans I ever owned! (the headlining photo is amusement enough to check out the blog post). She featured confessions from other fashion bloggers about their worst pairs of denim - and most occurred during high school. Maybe that is because high school is really when you are starting to experiment on your own (without the guidance of your parents) with your fashion personality (even though I strongly feel that you don't find your personal style until after college, or for some more adept fashionistas, during college).

Either way, this made me start to reminisce about my worst jeans, and I must confess that mine were during high school. Trust me, I had multiple pairs - I had the hand-me-down stonewashed, tapered Guess jeans with the triangle that did wonders to draw attention to how long and flat they made a girl's rear-end appear (I blame CJ or E for those hand-me-down wonders!). I also had the LEI flair jeans with the fake "cut-off" look at the hem and the multi-button front. Oh, and the denim overalls from Old Navy (also mentioned by Sonia Gupta from In Pursuit of Style) - I think that I even had overall shorts - stylishly worn with one strap hanging!

The atrocity of the denim that I wore in high school! And the name brands come flooding back...Jordache, Z Cavaricci, LEI, Guess, JNCO...just a simple Google search of these names bring back a flood of unfortunate style memories!

So, piggy-backing off of Eat, Sleep, Denim, what were some of your denim failed fits from high school?

No comments:

Post a Comment