Thursday, November 10, 2011

Throwing a Fit: Purple Wool Coat

By: LL
As I watched my Midwestern friends "enjoy" their first snowfall of the season, I began making a mental checklist of the winter weather items that I will need to pack for the holidays when I return to the frozen tundra - otherwise known as Wisconsin. As duly noted here, here and here, I have a thing for scarves, so I have plenty of those to pack, as well as cute gloves, hats, boots, and sweaters. However, I noted that my winter coat selection has dwindled since moving below the Mason-Dixon line. Yes, I did buy an awesome gray, mid-length wool coat last season, with one of those fun cowl-esque collars. But, truth be told, after wandering around a park to see a Christmas light show last year in sub-10 degree weather, no matter how cute the coat is, it is not warm enough. So, I am setting out on a mission to find a wool coat that is both stylish, classic, and functional in the Midwestern winter.

After looking around, and being inspired by this awesome J.Crew plum wool coat that Cool J has, I am now throwing a fit for a new wool coat in a warm shade of purple, like these:

Double-cloth metro coat
(available with/without Thinsulate)


(50% wool 50% polyester)

(Heavy Wool/Cashmere Blend)

I love the purples because they are a departure from the neutrals that I currently have, yet are almost a neutral in that they go with so many colors. Here's hoping that I find something in time for my trip back! It is just so hard to go coat shopping when the local weather is not cold - it seems foolish!

1 comment:

  1. I love my plum JCrew coat b/c it is so versatile! Goes with everything.

    ReplyDelete