Saturday, December 17, 2011

Featured Fit: Haute Hawaiian

By Jessie

When most people think of Hawaiian attire, they probably imagine older men in bright Hawaiian shirts and pleated-front khaki shorts, paired with some white athletic socks and sandals.

So when Dustin's family decided to head to the Old Lahaina Luau during our Christmas trip, I wasn't sure what to wear. I wanted to embrace the theme of the evening without going over the top.

Dustin did indeed don a typical Hawaiian shirt, though I would like to say he looked pretty good.

The Old Lahaina Luau is a popular event, and it's advertised as the "most authentic" performance. I also believe it's one of the biggest performances on the island of Maui, so it attracts all types of attendees. There was definitely a plethora of styles and ensembles at the event, including plenty of pleated front khakis, as well as great people watching and plenty of adorable sundresses.

I decided to wear a bright skirt paired with a white shirt. The skirt was bright and "luau"-esque so I thought a quieter top was a good idea. I was also able to pair it with a clutch that I had purchased on my honeymoon in Bali, Indonesia.







Good food, good weather, and what I'm told was an "authentic" performance made for a fun night with D-man's family. 

Mele Kalikimaka friends

Merry Christmas from Maui

Outfit:
Skirt: Anthropologie
Tank: Long Term Borrow from LL!
Shoes: Anthropologie
Necklace: TopShop
Purse: Purchased in Bali on honeymoon

No comments:

Post a Comment