Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Fits Do Fitness Class Reviews:Corepower Bootcamp Day 1

By Jessie

I survived my first day of Corepower bootcamp. It was challenging, but managable. We did a short warm-up and then 4 rounds of the following 10 circuits. Each circuit lasted 1 minute with about 15 seconds in between to get to the next station. It was fast, and the time flew by. Before we knew it, it was 7 am.  Unfortunately, that meant that there was not enough time for a cooldown or stretch, which probably wasn't ideal...


So the circuits were:
  1. Burpees (without pushups)
  2. TRX chest pulldowns- (see photo below)
  3. Jump Rope
  4. Forearm plank with cone touch (reach out alternating hands to tap the top of a very small cone while maintaining forearm plank)
  5. Stability ball hamstring curl (Legs up on the ball, hips raised, pull in ball- see photo below)
  6. Aerobic step plank with side squat and knee raise with turn
  7. Tricep pushdowns with band (band hooked to wall, pull down- see photo below)
  8. Excercise ball raises with core (we sat on a BOSU ball, and raised this exercise ball over our heads and then sat again. it worked the core and legs)
  9. Cone shuttle run (fast feet!)
  10. Lunge with weighted BOSU brand stability ball (regular exercise ball, but it was weighted inside)
EXAMPLES:

#2:

#5:
#7:

We're encouraged to squeeze in a second workout on our own. We received quite a snowstorm here this morning, so I'm guessing I will hit the treadmill tonight for 4-5 miles on there.

The goals I set for myself for the bootcamp are as follows:

  • No wine/beer at home (only exceptions are "events", like book club or dinner out on the weekend)
  • Fruit with every meal
  • Cut back on salty snacks (but not eliminate completely!)
  • Drink plenty of water.
  • No candy or sweets (this is actually much easier for me than salty snacks- I'm a salty girl!)

I think that when some people hear that I am doing a Corepower bootcamp, they assume that it's all yoga, but actually there will be no yoga, except potentially a yoga sculpt class on Saturday morning. We also have the opportunity to try their "CoreRyder" classes, which I have not done before (it's spin, but on a special bike that simulates true road biking). The bootcamp is nearly split 50/50 with men and women. The teachers are all very fit and motivating.

I need to go pack my bags to prepare for fun tomorrow morning at 6 am!

No comments:

Post a Comment