Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Fits Do Fitness Class Reviews: On to Week 2

By Jessie

I ended week 1 of bootcamp with a Hot Power Fusion class at Corepower with David K. The D-man joined me, which was lovely, and the class was a great stretch for sore muscles after a week of bootcamp.

Saturday morning's session ran from 7-8 am, and consisted of 1/2 hour of yoga sculpt, and the second 1/2 hour of "Real Ryder" spin.

Real Ryder bikes are made to simulate true biking, allowing you to lean to both sides

"With ordinary stationary bikes, you just sit and don't engage your core. The RealRyder® gives you a stationary bike ride that's anything but stationary.
  • Engage more muscles than you would on a traditional indoor bike
  • Work your core more than you would on a regular indoor bike
  • Burn more calories
  • Overcome boredom with a more fun and dynamic riding experience
Since this was my first time on a Real Ryder, it felt pretty awkward. I felt like my handlebars were wobbling WAY too much, and I was working really hard to control them. However, I started to get the hang of it, and by the end, I was sweating and enjoying myself. I can't say that I LOVED the Real Ryder, but I would definitely give it another shot to see if I get a little more accustomed to it.

After the hour of bootcamp, my bootcamp compadre and I zipped over to the Calhoun Beach Club for a 7 mile run with the club. By the end of the two workouts, I was ready to hop in a hot shower, curl up on the couch, and take a nap....what a week it was!

Yesterday, was a complete (complete!) rest day, and today (Monday) was more circuits.

  1. BOSU ball mountain climbers
  2. Exercise band rows with squats
  3. Tricep dips and pushups
  4. Stability ball overhead pass from feet to hands with crunch
  5. Cone sprints!
  6. Ballast ball lunges with side moon pose
  7. TRX pullups
  8. Jump rope
  9. Jumping jacks with alternating legs
  10. Hammer curls with cone foot taps
Example #1
Example #2


I felt pretty good after a full day of rest- so good that I upped my second workout to a 7 mile run (whereas last week, I was usually so tired by the second workout that I only did 3-4 miles)...I guess a day of rest goes a long way! Or maybe I am getting stronger!

And with that comment on rest, I leave you with this:




No comments:

Post a Comment