Thursday, January 12, 2012

Throwing a Fit: Fancy Faux Fur

By: LL
As I prepare to attend a wedding in Chicago this weekend, and the snow falls and the wind blows bitterly strong off of Lake Michigan, I realized that I would be in desperate need of a nice fur (faux, of course) jacket/shrug/shawl, which would be the perfect outerwear accessory for the black tie event. Since I am short, a full length coat would overwhelm me, but these smaller pieces would be the right fit. Here are a few that I am using to structure my shopping trip.

1. Coast Dulce Cropped Jacket ($69)
2. Coast Rachelle Shrug ($79)
3. Vintage 60s Glendoit Cropped Jacket ($250)
4. Michael Kors Jacket ($169)

Many of these styles have 3/4 sleeves, which will not be an issue when it comes to warmth when paired with elbow length leather gloves, such as these:

1. Opera Length Kid Leather Gloves (Nordstrom, $85)
2. Elbow Length Scrunch Gloves (Mossimo, $20)

This look is vintage, reminiscent of the 1920s and 1930s, but contemporary and perfect outerwear to pair with my LTB for a winter wedding.

1 comment: