Thursday, June 28, 2012

Fitting Debates: Home Gym





By: LL
My husband and I recently bought our first house. After years of renting, we finally have a place that is all our own. And, I couldn't be more excited! Even before we closed, I had already started to move in my mind and redecorate.

Our house has a finished basement, which is nice but good lord, it was red. Not just red, but quiet possibly the worst red paint job EVER. It was anything but a place you wanted to hang out in. That was until this past weekend when we painstakingly covered the red with a serene sand color. It is a whole new space, which my husband and I are both drooling over. He sees a ping pong table, dart board and a TV area. I see a home gym. Think of the money we will save on gym memberships?!?! I will only need to have a package at a yoga studio now!

I'm sure that everyone who is "married to fitness," as my brother-in-law has so nicely labeled it, has had a similar experience. Yes, a ping pong table and dart board would be great fun for socializing/entertaining, but a treadmill and weights can be fun too! Group run? No? Maybe I could open up a private spin studio ... might be enough room for three bikes.

It is amazing how fit fanatics think ...

No comments:

Post a Comment