Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fresh New Fit: Blow-Dry Bars

By: Cool J

The day has finally arrived- Minneapolis has a blow-dry bar!



Actually, in a few weeks, we'll have two blow-dry bars.
But as of Monday, the Blast Dry Bar opened  at the Shoppes at the West End!
(The WOW Bar opens in a few weeks in Edina)



Something about having a professional style my hair looks 100 times better than when I style it myself, and it lasts so much longer as well. I have usually booked blowouts at Spalon Montage for special occasions (weddings, etc), where they run between $40-$50. But Blast and WOW specialize in JUST blow-outs. They do them quickly, efficiently, and for only $35/pop!



Since Monday was the opening day at Blast, a blow-dry was only $17! I figured it was worth a shot, so I booked one to prep for another "Share Our Strength HotList" event, (where I wore the bold Rachey Roy dress that I received in April from the Fashion Swap)


The facility was very chic, with all white decor. I was offered cucumber water and a cupcake, as well as an Ipad to select my "style" from a number of options (I chose the "Flirt") and then I could watch movies during the service.

I loved that they offered you several different styles (as I mentioned, I went with the "flirt":

the blĂ„st - our signature blowout   Smooth, body & a touch of curl at the ends … just like you … it's Minnesota nice meets sexy confidence.

the skinny - super sleek & straight Here’s the skinny … no way is sleek & sexy just for the coasts.

the glam - big time curls Luscious curls for luscious girls.

the bombshell - bodacious body Classic bombshell waves with voluptuous volume is always in style and always in demand.

the boho - bohemian waves Twist & shout … this is our fresh twist on bohemian chic. It’s cool, hip & feminine.

the flirt - flirty & bouncy Good luck boys … looks like you will be picking up the check tonight for you are merely a humble slave to this flirty style.

the surfer girl - beachy keen waves Surf's up! look like you let your hair dry on the beach. You will have heads turning from the shores of Lake Minnetonka to the sands of White Bear Lake.

the shortie - short on length … long on fun Hey short stuff! Loose waves make your style pop.

the uptown - updo u Take it up a notch! Choose the updo that suits you always elegant … add a little spice if you like … $60 & $75

the braid - for your inner Cindy Braidy … whoops … Brady $10. Don't be afraid to add a braid.

 
Since it was their first day, and it was a Monday, it was quite quiet in the salon, but they said that they are booked pretty solid on the upcoming weekends.

My one complaint was that the style took a little longer than I expected. I thought it would only be 30 min- 45 minutes, but it took over an hour. I have also heard that the Juut Academy in uptown offers blowouts for just $15, which seems more reasonable for a more frequent style.

My style icon Kate Middleton gets a blow-out twice a week! And she has AMAZING hair….Now we know her secret!

To check out a professional review of Blast, read this blog- and whaddya know, there I am in the picture- the sole customer on opening day!

No comments:

Post a Comment