Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Throwing a Fit: Nautical Themes!

By Cool J


Nautical is everywhere, isn't it? It seems like red, white, and blue are not just for the 4th of July anymore, and we're seeing anchors, sailboats, and fish from several different retailers. Bold stripes and maritime colors abound, but one retailer in particular seems to be a perfect match for this trend.

That retailer is one of my personal favorites, JCrew!


LL posted about the popularity of maritime fashion in a post here called "Throwing a Fit: On a Boat!"

I'm sure some people are tired of this nautical onslaught, but personally, I adore it.
I have embraced it and am loving JCrew's new line! I too was throwing a fit for some of these pieces. 

I love the t-shirt dress with dizzy anchors (backordered at this time)



...so instead of dizzy anchors,  I splurged on a red/navy number. It may not have quite as blatant in its look, but the red and navy stripes definitely are reminiscent of the nautical themes that abound.



The D-man's birthday was yesterday, so I wore my stripes out to dinner and drinks with friends. 
Dinner: Saffron
Drinks: Brit's Pub



It was a gorgeous evening in Minneapolis, especially on the rooftop at Brit's Pub, and the D-man's birthday evening was great fun. I believe he's ready to sail away into the next year of life!


No comments:

Post a Comment