Monday, July 28, 2014

Fitting Remarks: Matilda the Vizsla's Guide To Minneapolis

I absolutely loved The Daily Tay's Guide to Chicago from the point of view of her vizsla, Harlow.  I shared it with Matilda, and she thought she should share a post to offer her own guide to Minneapolis. 

I mean, I have my Minneapolis Summer Bucket List, which is great and all. But if you're visiting the Twin Cities, you should definitely refer to Matilda's recommendations of the top places to visit and things to see in Minneapolis!

Hi! My name is Matilda Sloan, and I'm 5 years old. I am easily excitable, and I'm excited to share with you my guide to Minneapolis!

Without further adieu, let me count down from 11 the best places to visit in Minneapolis.

#11: Pampered Pooch Playground. 
If you are visiting Minneapolis, I really recommend an overnight stay at the PPP.  Luxurious is the best word to describe this hotel, let me tell you. Some of my bestest friends are here. You can book a private suite or stay in the party room, both are great.

I stay here for slumber parties sometimes or just for kicks for the day when my parents have a lot going on after work.  Let's just say that everybody who is anybody goes to the Pampered Pooch Playground while in Minneapolis.


#10: The Airport Dog Park
The airport dog park is one of the best dog parks in the city. It's not fenced in, so don't get too excited chasing a rogue bunny. Bring your own poo bags and be sure to "carry out" afterwards as there are no garbage cans here.

#9: Go for a Run Around the Lakes!
You really can't beat the running trails in Minneapolis. Best way to see the city.

P.S. I'm a good runner. That's me with my dad. He's a good runner too.
If you come visit, we can go for a run around Lake Harriet or Lake Calhoun. I'll let you set the pace.

#8: Get On a Paddleboard
I don't like to swim, but I LOVE to be on top of the water. Put me on a boat or a paddleboard, and I'm happy. Fortunately for me, Minneapolis is the city of lakes, so lots of options for being on a boat. You should definitely go paddleboarding during your visit.
I'm on a boat, y'all!


#7: Chuck and Don's
O.M.G. Have you been to Chuck and Don's Pet Store? It. Is. Awesome. It's full of treats and toys and friendly people who like to pet me. I always get a treat here and I almost always walk out with a new toy. You definitely want to put Chuck and Don's on your must-see list for a Minneapolis visit.

#6: "The Illegal."
This is another dog park, but I can't tell you where it is, as it's top secret. It's not an official dog park, but it's close to my house and I have lots of friends here. I recommend you check out this place during your visit, though I can't tell you where it is....

#5: Beer With Your Buddy
I haven't been to a Beer With Your Buddy event in a year or two, but they are really cool. If you visit Minneapolis, you need to put Beer With Your Buddy on your agenda. These events are usually held at the Nomad Pub  and if you're a dog, you get to play off-leash the whole time! Also, the Nomad Pub is across the street from Palmer's Bar, which Esquire rated one of the best bars in America.

#4: Clancey's Meats
I'm not sure if I'm technically allowed to go to Clancey's Meats  but sometimes I sneak in and they give me small bits of hamburger.  But for the record, let's say that I wait outside and my parents buy the freshest meat in the city! I also like Coffee & Tea Ltd nearby as they always welcome me with open arms (and a treat or two!) Be sure to make a stop at Clancey's when you come to Minneapolis.

#3: A Visit to the Tin Fish lady.
Now, as a human, you might visit Tin Fish during your visit to Minneapolis for their tasty fish tacos or conch fritters, but me? I like Tin Fish for Tin Fish lady.

She is probably one of my favorite people in Minneapolis. Sometimes I go running with my mom and we don't stop to say hi to Tin Fish lady and it makes me really sad..I keep turning back to see if maybe Tin Fish lady is coming for me. She's the best. She gives me treats and she has a special whistle that I like.

#2: The #2 best place  to visit in Minneapolis is...this bench.

A really cool place to visit in Minneapolis is this bench in our backyard.

Our backyard isn't very big (come on, we live in the city!) but you should still stop by to see this bench. I really like this bench, and I bet you would too. You can watch all the squirrels, and monitor any strange coming down the alley.

...and the last but definitely not least, my best/most favorite/must-see place to visit in Minneapolis is:

#1: Under a warm blanket.
If you visit Minneapolis at any other time other than the short three months that we are above freezing temps, you probably will want to be under a blanket during your visit.

Me too. I have a really nice green one that we can share if you'd like.  It's a really popular place to visit in Minneapolis.

So there you have it! Matilda's Top 11 Places to Visit in Minneapolis. She hopes to see you soon!

6 comments:

  1. So cute! Love this! And, her bench… adorable! Sending to my sis for her vizsla, Lucy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it, and thanks for passing along to another vizsla owner :)

      Delete
  2. Stanley, the Vizsla from Cottage Grove (dog in suburbia - lol), LOVES Matilda's recommendations! Here's to Vizsla's ruling the Twin Cities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Yes, more power to the velcro dogs :)

      Delete
  3. I love this! I live on a farm in Montana with my husband (and our Vizsla, Harvey!) but my parents live in Iowa so when we go visit them we are often in the Cities. We will check out some of Matilda's recommendations next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matilda would LOVE to live on a farm in Montana...so many squirrels! But glad she could help Harvey for future visits to the Cities!

      Delete