Friday, August 31, 2012

Failed Fit Frenzy

By Cool J

Remember on Tuesday, when I wrote about the State Fair, and all the failed fits that were consumed while we were there? But I justified it. I promised myself that the next day, I would hit the pavement hard to burn off all those extra calories!

Well...that was a fail.

First fail of this failed fit frenzy? I was planning to do my run Wednesday morning before work, but I overslept. (The fair takes a lot out of a girl!).

Second fail?  I got stuck at work until 8 pm.

Third fail? My boss ordered in Chipotle around 6:30.

I can't even remember the last time I had Chipotle!
I selected the chicken tacos, as it seemed like a “healthier” option. The tacos came three to an order- eeks! I ate one of the three, and then decided I was still going to run. I wasn’t going to call it a night. And if I was still going to run, three tacos was probably not a good idea.

I was NOT going to let this failed fit frenzy take over my evening.

So I put away the tacos in the fridge (maybe for lunch tomorrow?) .
I had already missed out on book club (and it was the 50 Shades discussion- sad!)  I forced myself to put on my running shoes, and head out the door for some easy miles to clear my head.

And you know what? it wasn't such a failed fit after all. In fact, with the sun already down, it was only 85 degrees, rather than a steamy 96. Even though it was dark, there were plenty of people out and about, and the run made me feel 150% better.



Failed Fit turned into a Fun Fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment