Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Finalizing Fits: Black Tie Affair

By: LL
In an exciting turn of events, my husband and I will be attending a prestigious black tie fundraiser event at the beginning of September. Needless to say, we are very excited, but now I am tasked with finding a new cocktail dress ... and accessories, of course! Unfortunately, I haven't had a spare moment to do any actual shopping -- that will happen this weekend. But, I have had a few moments to begin brainstorming dresses and searching online. Here is what I have come up with so far:



1. Tahari Bonded Lace with Beaded Neckline Dress - $149
2. Adrianna Papell One Shoulder Chiffon Dress - $128
3. Adrianna Papell Illusion Bodice Pleated Dress - $158
4. Max and Cleo Brianna One Shoulder Jersey Dress - $118
5. Stuart Strapless Asymmetrical Colorblock Chiffon Dress - $114
6. Dorothy Perkins Raspberry Lace Dress - $55

I am leaning towards a muted color so that I can add accessories that pop. Since there will be dancing (under the stars to the music of Huey Lewis and the News), the Dorothy Perkins Dress might be too constraining. So many decision and too little time. But at least I am finding a lot of solid, affordable choices. I've set the goal of $250 total for dress, shoes and clutch. Might be underestimating, but I am up for the challenge ... in only 3 weeks! Yikes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment