Monday, November 26, 2012

Featured Fit: Dog Park Attire


By Cool J
After the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving (for more on the race, read this post), Ms. Matilda, Dusters, and I were off to a nearby dog park for a little more exercise. 
A four mile race was not quite enough for Matilda! 
She was ready to bound through the hay fields with some new-found Wisconsin doggy friends.
My niece also accompanied us to the park. She loves to play hide-and-go-seek in the hay, though Matilda always helps me scope her out: I just say “Go find Clara,” and she does!

The weather was very mild (low 60’s) so I didn’t need to layer much. My purple Hunter boots are the perfect dog park accessory. These boots, paired with “the perfect hoodie,” (as written about in this POST), a pair of Athleta chaturanga tights and a Lucy puffy vest kept me plenty warm while running around with two of my favorite dog park pals!

The Hunter boots were also great because they kept the hay out of my socks. They're tall enough on me...and even more so on my niece Clara!
Running around and playing hide-and-go-seek was an old-school "FIT" but hey, it was still exercise right?
And how about little Clara’s Thanksgiving colored tights? 
So cute! Definitely the right fit for the holiday!

Dog Park Attire:
Athleta chaturanga tights
Lucy puffy vest
"The perfect hoodie" by Reebok
Blue and white BIC band
Purple Hunter boots in Magenta

Weekly Fitness Recap:
Monday: 6.5 morning miles with Abby, 60 minute Moksha Yoga with Meggan
Tuesday: 7.5 morning miles with Abby, Theresa, and Kelly
Wednesday: 5.5 morning miles with Kelly and Ms. Matilda
Thursday: 4 mile Turkey Trot!
Friday: 9 frigid miles with Ms. Matilda
Saturday: 4 miles with my sister Cresta
Sunday: 7.75 miles back home in Minneapolis

With 44 miles of running and one yoga session, I realized that this was not a very balanced week. I definitely need to cross train more. And I can feel it in my body that this was not a balanced week, as what I refer to as IT band problem is quite sore (though I know true IT band is at the knee- mine has currently has manifested itself in my hip and butt). I need to make sure I do more non-running activities this upcoming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment