Saturday, December 29, 2012

Fits Do Product Reviews: Travel Foam Roller, Nike Flyknit shoes, and Knuckle Lights!

By Cool J in Minneapolis

Today was definitely a running focused day. It started with a strong 12 mile run with the Calhoun Beach Running Club. The trails were a little slippery, but the temperature was a little more tolerable, and the company was great.

After a quick shower and a coffee run, we zipped over to a suburban dog park, the Bryant Lake Dog Park to give Matilda an opportunity to do her "running" off-leash! The Bryant Lake Dog Park is part of the Three Rivers Park District of dog parks, and Matilda had a great time there with some new friends.

The reason we went all the way to the suburbs is because we wanted to stop by the TC Running Company after the dog park stop.

 TC Running Company  is a great running store located in Eden Prairie. Even though there are other running stores closer to home, TC Running Company is still (in my opinion) one of the best in the Twin Cities area.  They carry a wide variety of shoes and a great selection of apparel. The employees are very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. They are all great runners, and they know their stuff!


While there, I picked up a few "necessities," such as a travel sized foam roller:
Only $15! I wanted to have one to bring to the cabin and other weekend getaways, as my normal sized foam roller is a bit cumbersome to bring along. I figure this tiny one could fit into my suitcase on flights as well.
And another reason I went to TC Running Company today? Because I got to pick up my FREE Nike Flyknit shoes!  Free, you say? Yes, free! I won them as part of a Facebook promotion for the Moustache Run.  *Remember the Moustache Run? If you missed it, read about it HERE

So, yes, I got a pair of Flynit shoes, courtesy of the Moustache Run. Bright, aren't they? They're definitely not a winter shoe, but I plan to test them out on the treadmill soon. They're supposed to form to your feet as you wear them.

According to Nike's website, "the innovative Nike Flyknit Racer Unisex Running Shoe gets its structure and support from Nike Flyknit technology. As a result, it's incredibly lightweight, with a precision that feels like a second skin.The one-piece knit upper seamlessly integrates areas of high support, breathability and stretch where you need them most—without overlays, which add weight. For an adaptive fit, lightweight dynamic Flywire wraps the foot and is adjustable through the laces."

So yes, it's a unisex shoe, which means I got a size 7. The retail price is $150 (though free to me, thank you Moustache Run!). The entire shoe front is made from one continuous thread.


 I'll give a full review after I try them out!

I couldn't walk away without throwing in a new Brooks running top and headband. 
Subtle, right? A girl can never have enough winter running tops.
And the FINAL running purchase of the day? 
Knuckle Lights!

TC Running Company actually didn't carry Knuckle Lights, but a helpful friend told me I could find them at Gear Running Store. Gear Running Store is much closer to home, and I also am a fan of this store, though it's definitely a bit smaller with less selection, But indeed, they did carry the knuckle lights! I'm excited to try them out on a morning run next week to see how they compare to my headlamp. Hopefully they won't lead to as much negative backlash as the headlamp did (in this post)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment