Monday, January 21, 2013

Favorite Fit: My Favorite Dress

By Cool J in Minneapolis

Do you have a favorite dress that you have had for many years.. a dress that has remained "in style" and wearable year after year? A dress that you keep coming back to for last minute events?

I have a dress like that. It's definitely a favorite fit of mine.
I bought it FIVE years ago from the J.Crew wear-to-work line.

Wear to work line: http://www.jcrew.com/womens_special_shops/weartoworkshop.jsp

 It's one of their "Super 120's" line of tailored dresses made of merino wool. The majority of the dresses in this line are gray or black- i.e. business professional of course. But they always carry one or two fun colors which suit my personal style a bit better, while maintaining a classic, conservative look that lasts year after year.

This magenta dress has seen a lot of plays, went to a lot of dinners, and probably attended a wedding or two. The classic tailored fit has allowed me to continue wearing this dress year after year. I have changed the way that I accessorize- (this time it was a turquoise J.Crew bubble necklace, courtesy of LL. Thanks for the necklace!)- but the look is basically the same.

This favorite fit came out again last week when the D-man and I went to see Aida (thanks to his company for the tickets). I am pretty sure this dress enjoyed the Elton John and Tim Rice musical as much as I did!
This dress has basically paid for itself with all the wear I have had with it! It has definitely been, and continues to be, one of my favorite fits!

If you check out J.Crew right now, the Memo 120's dress is on sale for $129.99 with an extra 30% off, which comes to about $99 for a dress you'll wear again and again!
Available in fun colors like landscape green or poppy grove.
Here's the link: http://www.jcrew.com/womens_special_shops/weartoworkshop/dresses.jsp





No comments:

Post a Comment