Monday, January 21, 2013

Fit Fanatic: Another cold day....

By Cool J in Minneapolis

You're probably tired of me talking about how cold it is in Minneapolis...

But seriously? That's cold. Besides, Minnesotans love to talk about the weather! With temps like that, it was to the treadmill for me (again). I did give the Nike Flyknits another go:

{eew, the locker room floor at my gym is nasty!}

My feet got tingly again towards the end of a 5 miler. It wasn't unbearable, but just strange. I'm continuing to rotate these in on occasion. I did a 5-4-3-2-1 workout again (~1.5 mile warmup, 5 minutes fast, 2.5 minutes slow, 4 minutes fast, 2 minutes slow, etc, with a cold down at the end.) 

Then it was off to the dog park in my failed fit sleeping bag jacket. 

Even in her performance fleece jacket, Matilda wasn't a fan of the cold weather. She kept running on three legs, lifting a back paw that must have been too cold. Needless to say, we didn't stay very long. Vizsla are great running dogs, but probably not the best winter dogs! Poor thing.

I have to share this picture from Saturday at the same dog park. It's not an "official" dog park, but a volunteer sets out plastic bags and garbage cans, and then empties them every week with his poop mobile! Minneapolis...you can be cruel with your weather, but I still love you and your quirkiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment