Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weekly Recap/Completely Random Post

By Cool J in Minneapolis

Happy Sunday readers! 
I hope you are all enjoying your weekends, and if you're living in any of the areas affected by these winter storms, I hope you're staying safe and warm. Minneapolis is getting dumped with snow today. The D-man got in his workout by shoveling (thanks honey!) And I was able to fit in a workout at the Y, but I think the rest of the day will be spent inside, finishing up my book club selection for February...
{book club selection for February}

...and then walking over to our favorite neighbors to catch up on a few episodes of Girls.

This week was officially the first full week of training for Newport, so there was lots of running:
Monday: AM run with Abby
Tuesday: AM run with Monica and Lindsey in the fluffy (albeit challenging) snow
Wednesday: AM run with Lindsey and Jenna...then Lady Gaga at night!
Thursday: Kettlebells class at Balance Fitness
Friday: AM run with Abby & Kelly (and Matilda)
Saturday: Long run with a great group of girls at the CBRC
Sunday: treadmill run and then Body Pump at the Y

No complete rest days, and no yoga...failure on those two accounts.

I did wear my new Prasada tank from Athleta to Body Pump. You can find it HERE in pink, black, and light blue for $64. (I had a gift card to use, so I didn't pay that price.)

Yes, I did go to Lady Gaga on Wednesday at the Excel. I wasn't sure what to wear, so my coworker said "Just wear something bright!" so pink pants and a turquoise bubble necklace it was. (Apologies for the selfie). We grabbed a bit to eat first at George and the Dragon (quite yummy!)


The concert was a lot of fun, and there was some great people watching. She doesn't really have anything new out, so she played a lot of old songs, but that was fine with me!
Gaga dancers
Gaga at the Excel
More Gaga
My friend Tricia and I at the concert.


Lady Gaga was on Wednesday, so Thursday was definitely not a morning running day for me! I'm too old to stay out so late on a weeknight. Even by Friday, I was still tired. We had a very low key night, consisting of a quick stop at Marathon Sports for a new pair of Brooks Adrenalines, and some pre-long run carbs at Broder's Cucina next door.

I actually didn't wear the new pair of Brooks on Saturday for my long run, as I was worried that the new pair would be too slick on the snow. Most of the trails were cleared on Saturday, but there were definitely some slick spots still, and I was glad I had an older, worn-in pair for a bit more traction.

And Saturday night, we went to see the Book of Mormon at the Orpheum. SO hilarious! I highly recommend going to this play if you have the opportunity to do so. 


I wore this outfit again, so nothing too exciting, but we did have dinner beforehand at Borough, which was quite tasty.

Well, what a random post! What did you do this weekend? See any good plays lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment