Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Fitting Debate: Coordinating Race Tees

{Or on your blog ;-) }

By LL in KC
Yes, another Fitting Debate, but I hoped that all you experienced runners might have some valuable input on this issue. Jess and I are joining my dad on his first half marathon this spring. It is an amazing feat that we are very excited to share with him. To honor his inaugural distance race, we talked about getting coordinating race tees. You know the ones - where the full team will run in matching bright shirts so that the spectators know who they are. Or, comic phrases to commemorate a particular race. Sometimes I laugh; sometimes I cringe out of cheesiness; sometimes I get emotional for the story behind the shirt.

Thinking about the shirts and whether we should subject our dad to the obvious statement of the fact that this is his first race and that he is running with two of his daughters - should we do it?

Here are a few ideas I stumbled across:


{Simple and straightforward} 

{Swapping out "mom" for "dad"}


{Taken from a Father's Day race}

What are your thoughts? What do you think of people who wear matching shirts for races? Annoying, cute, obvious attention seeking? Any unique ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment