Sunday, June 16, 2013

Fit the Bill: Costco Running Top

By Cool J in Minneapolis

How is your weekend going? Today is a gorgeous day in Minneapolis, so I am writing this post while sitting in a lawn chair on the back porch, working on my tan!

Yesterday, the weather wasn't quite as nice as today. We joined the Calhoun Beach Running Club in the morning to get back in the long run groove, and the humidity was brutal. I guess I still have some adjusting to do before summer running really kicks it!

After the run, it was time to exercise this little lady at the airport dog park. She sure loves it there!

Then we stopped by Eat Street Social to wish my friend Meggan (of the Yoga Garage) a happy birthday. Next up, we were off to the State Fairgrounds for the St. Paul Summer Beer Festival!

We hadn't actually planned on attending this festival, but Dusters won the tickets at Monday's HotList party (read about that event HERE) so off to St. Paul we went.

The festival started out in the sun...but it didn't last long.

Glass rinsing station


There were 116 different breweries at the festival, each offering up multiple samples. I doubt we tried even 1/8 of the samples. There were a lot of unique brews, and we enjoyed sampling the wide variety.
Unfortunately, the weather was not willing to cooperate.  Very quickly, the festival went from good times to wet times...
Pouring rain...
For a good 45 minutes, it poured on the festival. Everyone (except those crazy German dancers in the above picture) spent that time hovered under one of the tents, waiting for it to let up. After the sun finally came back out, we were pretty tired, and ready to be done with the beer sampling, so we headed home.

Sunday morning, I went for a sunny morning run with Matilda, then I went to Costco to renew our membership there. Along with paper towels, Gatorade and fruit, I also purchased a new running top- yes, at Costco! Who knew? This is definitely a first for the Right Fits. Yet it fit the bill, and it seems like it will be a functional fit for running.


This top was only $12.99! It's nice and long, and I like the heathered texture of the material, and according to the tag, it's moisture wicking.  It is also available in lots of other colors- black, orange, green, and more.

I have to give my friend Kelly the credit for this top that Fits the Bill. I was inspired to even consider the clothes at Costco because she wore this same top during her PR marathon at Newport!



Here's a closer look:

She said it didn't chafe her, and she didn't have any issues it throughout the 26.2 miles. 
That's a testimony I trust, so when I saw the same top today, I had to buy my own.
If you have a Costco membership, definitely give their clothes a look. 
You might find a new running top that fits the bill!

Now I'm off to the Minnehaha Dog Park for a doggy date with some of Matilda's friends, and then a bite to eat at SeaSalt

Have you tried SeaSalt? What's your favorite? I like their softshell crab sandwich, or any of their fish tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment