Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday's Favorite Fit: Nine West Polka Dot Heels!

Jess in Minneapolis

This past Saturday was my cousin’s wedding in Madison, Wisconsin, and the whole big family (i.e. all four of my sisters, their husbands, etc) landed in Madtown for the weekend. We found a half marathon to toss into the weekend (read about it HERE) but the primary focus was, of course, a celebration of the bride and groom's special day.
Congrats!
The weather was perfect- sunny and not a cloud in the sky. The ceremony and the reception were held at the Monona Terrace right near the University of Wisconsin Madison campus, which was walkable from the lovely Madison Concourse Hotel where we stayed while in town.

We tried to take some family photos before the reception...


...but clearly our "staging" for photos needs a little work! I think I see Dustin somewhere back there...



Nonetheless, we had an awesome time at the wedding, dancing and having a good time.  


So with all that said, today's Favorite Fit is one small detail in the above pic...the shoes!  As I mentioned in this post, I had purchased a new dress for the occasion at Melly at the Galleria. Yet instead of pairing it with beige shoes as Carly from A la Mode suggested, I went with these polka dot Nine West heels that I already owned. I did, however take Carly’s advice for my earrings, which were purchased from Francesca’s at a price that fit the bill.
Dress: Kate Spade
Shoes: Nine West
Earrings: Francesca's
Navy Clutch: Francesca's

I did get a bit of teasing from the extended family about my "high" heels, as I towering a bit over most...even Dustin! Come on...they aren't that high!


And lookie here- you can buy these same polka dot heels HERE at overstock.com for only $27.99!


Congrats again to my cousin and his new wife, and thanks for letting us help celebrate your big day!




No comments:

Post a Comment