Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday's Favorite Fit: RUN MSP

By Jess in Minneapolis

Minneapolis is a great city for a lot of reasons, but one of the biggest reasons I love this city is that it is such a runner friendly place. 
I know that I might be a little biased, but I’m really not the only one that feels this way. In fact, Minneapolis/St. Paul gets ranked over and over again as one of the best running cities in the nation.

Just check out a couple of the following articles, and you’ll see what I mean!
  1. Active.com ranks Minneapolis the #3 best running city in the US! Read it HERE
  2. Forbes gives Minneapolis runners props for being so tough! "Training for a distance race as far north as Minnesota can be tough, especially with its icy winters. But runners are hearty here, with than 50 miles of trail to keep your mind engaged as your body does the work. A slew of running groups help keep runners motivated during the freezing winters- and come springtime, the path around the Chain of Lakes is about as gorgeous as it gets." Check out the whole list HERE
  3. Outside Magazine lauds Minneapolis/St. Paul as one its favorite running cities HERE
There you have it- its not just me who feels so strongly about the Twin Cities as a runner's haven!

We have miles and miles of running (and biking) trails. We have a plethora of road races and trail races, including two full marathons- one of which, the Twin Cities Marathon, is often praised as a must-do by Runner's World. 

Just take a quick peak at this website for a list of all of the running trails in our fair city: http://www.twincitiesrunning.org/tcrc-running-routes

We also are very lucky to have a multitude of running clubs here. Of course, there's the Calhoun Beach Running Club, which is near and dear to my heart. There's Club Run, Minnesota RED, Lifetime Run, Running Room Run Club , MDRA, a run club associated with TC Running Company, a run club associated with Gear Running Store, a YMCA run club, a YWCA run club...seriously, the list goes on and on. I know that I'm missing a ton of them. But that's the thing- there's a run club for every type of runner here!

With that said, you can understand why I wear the label of a 'Minnesota Runner' with pride. Likewise, I was very excited to come across these unique “RUN MSP” shirts the other day. I needed to stock up on GU's for the marathon,  so I swung by Gear Running Store on my way home from work, and was distracted by these super cute tees. I couldn't resist purchasing one to show my Minnesota runner pride.

The t-shirts are super cozy. I’ve been throwing mine on after a run (and after a shower of course) nearly every day since I bought it. With that said,  I have decided that these t-shirts from Gear are Friday’s Favorite Fit!
After I bought the t-shirt for myself, Dustin was a little jealous. I just had to buy him one too. Twinsies!


They also have some cozy looking hoodies, as well as these dri-fit tees in a variety of colors:

If you are also a proud Minneapolis/St. Paul runner, head on over to Gear to pick up your own t-shirt, hoodie, or dri-fit running top with the "RUN MSP" logo for this Friday’s Favorite Fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment