Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Weekly Recap and Prepping for Park City!

By Jess in Minneapolis

I hope you enjoyed your weekend!  Mine was a nice long one, as I had Monday off for the MLK holiday. Having that extra day was such a treat!

I'm back to check in with a weekly recap of January 13-19th.

In fitness fashion this week, I reviewed my pair of capris from Splits59 (read about them HERE)

In fashion, I have been trying to figure out what to wear to my friend's bachelorette party this weekend. It's going to be such a fabulous day! We are starting out with a half marathon (the Securian Winter Run- read my review of last year's race HERE), then getting mani/pedis at Phresh, then a little happy hour/cocktail party before dinner at Pazzaluna, and then perhaps a little dancing? Who knows where the night will take us!

Anyways, I wanted to find something to wear that was a little warmer due to the cold temperatures hitting Minneapolis (again- boo).  I was so pumped to find this Bellini Lace shift dress on the sale rack at Anthropologie. I got such a great deal on it- a price that definitely fit the bill, at only $50, and I am sure I will wear it again. It must have been a return, because it is an online exclusive, but it was on the sale rack at my local Anthro. Score!
I plan to pair it with tights and ankle boots....its cold in Minneapolis! Yet I think I'll be able to style it differently in the spring, and maybe even summer to make it a truly functional fit!

And finally, here's how the week turned out with fitness:
Monday: Easy morning run
Tuesday: Easy (though very snowy) morning run and C2 (vinyasa) class with instructor Nikki at Corepower Yoga. She is so awesome- great class!
Wednesday: Treadmill run: warmup for about 2.5 miles, then two 7-minute tempo intervals, then cool down of about 2.5 miles. I actually really liked doing the tempo intervals on the treadmill, because I could lock in my goal pace and hold on (as long as I could at least!)
Thursday: Kettlebells at Balance Fitness
Friday: Hot Power Fusion at Corepower Yoga
Saturday: Long run- just over 14 miles
Sunday: hour long barre class at The Barre- really tough class! The instructor did all the tough moves, like water-skiers, etc. Felt great!

Then in the afternoon, we headed to Welch Village to ski/snowboard. 

Dustin and I are heading to Park City, Utah at the end of February with my younger sister (you might remember LL from the blog!) and her husband, and three other friends (two of them pictured above!) The Minneapolis people met up at Welch to warm up a bit for Utah. It was a nice warm-"ish" day, and I feel a lot more confident going into Utah now with a little practice under my belt this year.

Have you ever been skiing in Utah? Any recommendations? Please share!

I ended up with about 40 miles for the week, with only a handful of them at a hard effort; two yoga classes, 1 barre, 1 kettle bell (strength), and 1 snowboarding day (cross-training?) I think it was a  pretty balanced week!

How was YOUR week in fitness, fashion, or fitness fashion? Please share in the comments! I'd like to get to know YOU- my readers! So start commenting- let me know if you tried out something new in fitness, fashion, or fitness fashion lately!

2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed reading your blog for awhile and never comment but I love Park City! I'm heading there the first weekend in March. Went a couple years ago and skiied Deer Valley, Snowbasin and Canyons. All of the resorts are super nice! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading and commenting Erica! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Utah, I'm really looking forward to it. We hope to ski at several of the resorts and its so nice how there are so many so close together.

    Have fun on your trip there as well!

    ReplyDelete