Sunday, February 23, 2014

Fits on the Road: Park City, Utah!

Hi all. I'm sitting at the Salt Lake City airport, waiting for my flight back to Minneapolis (free wifi at the airport!) Gorgeous sunset, right?

Sorry I have been absent from the blog for a few days, but we have been hitting the mountains pretty hard, all day, every day for the past three days. Lots of snowboarding and fun times!

We arrived on Wednesday afternoon to our condo. in the Racquet Club development. I found the place on VRBO. It was conveniently located right by the Park City Mountain Resort. We unloaded all our gear, and then headed to Main Street to grab a late lunch at No Name Saloon (pretty good little spot!) Then we picked up the rental skis for some of the people in our group. Dustin and I brought our snowboards along, but those who rented went through Aloha Rentals, and they were pretty happy with their experience.

Then it was off to the grocery store to prepare for the trip...as well as a quick trip to one of the State Liquor Stores as well. (Don't buy your beer at the grocery store, its only 3.2%.)

After running around town, we eventually were ready for dinner, so we grabbed some pizzas at Fuego Pizzeria. We all hit the hay early this night as we were excited to be up early for our first day of skiing!

Susie and I actually got up extra early on Thursday to squeeze in a short run.

I made the decision not to stress about getting in my miles during this vacation, as it was just too difficult to do...so yes, I skipped my long run this weekend, and more...yikes, right? I did run twice during the trip, and spent full active days on the mountain, which was good cross training. I feel a little guilty, but at the same time, I don't want to let my training schedule dictate my vacation. I wanted to fully enjoy this vacation with  Dustin, my good friends Susie, Sam, & Kelly, and of course my little sister and brother-in-law. Sure, I could have made the time- I usually do. But this time, I didn't...I hope it doesn't come back to bit me in the butt during the marathon! I'll be ready to get back to it tomorrow.

Anyways back to the run- we were both shocked by how out of breath we were. That high altitude really is something! We did about 5 easy miles, and were definitely winded. No wonder all the elites train at altitude, whew!

Well, our plane is finally boarding, so I'm logging off now. Check back soon for more Fits on the Road in Park City!

Do you always run on vacations? Have you skipped a long during marathon training? Please tell me it will be okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment