Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Fitting Remarks: #BostonStrong

I don't know about you, but I wasn't really that productive at work yesterday. I was pretty distracted tracking all my friends at the Boston Marathon, and staying on top of all the results!

All of the Calhoun Beach Running Club runners who were there did so well! I'm so inspired and impressed. And it was so cool that Meb won, especially since there hasn't been an American winner since 1983!
source
I was feeling pretty pumped about all things "run" yesterday, so it was perfect that my friend Jen had organized a casual group run for our running friends. Most of the girls wore their Boston attire, but since I haven't yet qualified, I just went with my Calhoun Beach Running Club singlet instead. 
 We met around 6 pm for an easy run around two lakes. One of the girls brought her two adorable twins in the B.O.B. for their first run with the girls! So cute.


It was really nice to spend Marathon Monday with some of my favorite members of the running community. I am so thankful that I joined the Calhoun Beach Running Club over three years ago. The friends I have met there are some of the best I could ask for.  But I'm also thankful to be part of the larger running community...in Minneapolis and beyond. Its such a supportive, strong, courageous, resilient group, and I'm honored to be called a runner and a member of the "team".

Love to all my fellow runners today!

#runlove for sure!


Did you do anything special to celebrate Marathon Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment