Sunday, October 5, 2014

Weekly Recap: More BIC Bands and Cheering for TCM 2014!

Happy Sunday! I'm checking in with you quickly for my weekly recap of what happened last week in fitness and fitness fashion.

Let's start with fitness!

Monday: 11 miles with 8 hill repeats with the Calhoun Beach Running Club. It got pretty dark while we were at the hill. Next time I definitely need to bring my knuckle lights...So sad that it's already so dark so early!
Tuesday: 4 easy miles with Matilda- I was too tired from the big run the night before that I couldn't get up to run in the morning. Yet I had plans after work, so I had to squeeze in a short one where I could.
Wednesday: 4 trail miles at Hyland park at one of the Salomon Autumn Trail Series Runs. This was a super fun trail race! I am definitely signing up for the next one (on 10/15). The race was 3.6 miles (a 6k I think) but we did a short warmup beforehand for just 4 miles total. If it weren't for the mosquitoes, this would have been a perfect night for a run.

Thursday: 7.5 miles easy with Matilda. I was supposed to do a tempo run this day, but since I had a "harder" effort the night before at Hyland, I figured that could count as my tempo workout.
Friday: Complete rest
Saturday: 20 miles with the Calhoun Beach Running Club
Sunday: 4 mile easy run with Matilda

This was a bad week in terms of balance- all running, no strength, and no yoga Not good! It was also my 3rd week in a row at 50 miles, so I'm not surprised I have been experiencing more aches and pains. My goal for this week is to do a much better job of balancing running with other workouts- yoga, barre, and definitely more foam rolling. Writing my goal here on the blog in hopes that it keeps me accountable!

But running is the theme of the week, with the highlight of course cheering for all the awesome runners at the Twin Cities Marathon!  Here are just a few of the pictures from spectating today:


We cheered at mile 5.5, mile 16.5, and mile 24.


What's happening in fitness fashion?
As for fitness fashion this week, I will have to go with those awesome CBRC Bic Bands. I saw a number of them on the course!

My friend Jill who works for Athleta (and is a Corepower Yoga sculpt teacher) met Sandy, the owner and founder of Bic Bands at the San Jose Marathon expo this weekend. She told Sandy how much we all love our CBRC headbands. This is definitely true, since they made several appearances on the race course. Thanks Sandy!
with Sandy the owner of BIC Bands
Before I end this post, I'd like to say congratulations to my sister Erin who ran the Lakefront Milwaukee Marathon this weekend. She finished feeling great and I'm very happy for her. Way to go, Erin! I'm trying to convince her to come run TCM next year....maybe I'd have to join her? I haven't run it since 2008!

It was hard not to get inspired today- lots of PR's and strong races out there. I'd also like to say congrats to Nathan from Minneapolis Running, (my cohost of THESE webinars for first timers.) Way to go on your BQ!

Did you run a race this weekend? If so, how did it go? Please let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I did not run a race this weekend, but I still love your blog post today!
    1) Could you do a post on foam rolling sometime? I think there are lots of people out there who don't know much about it (including me!) and how it can help runners.
    2) I am going to have to look for some knuckle lights! Those look awesome. :) It's definitely harder to get workouts in during daylight hours this time of the year!
    Thanks for another great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the congrats! Fun seeing you out there and a great day for racing.

    ReplyDelete