Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Functional Fits: "Pajama Time" on Christmas Morning

By: LL
My family had a holiday tradition when my sister and I were kids that on Christmas Eve, we got to open one present, and that present would be a new pair of pajamas (normally the footed kind). As we got older, we slowly stopped that tradition. But, when my husband and I first moved in together a few years back, I brought back that tradition with a vengeance. I mean, how fun to get cozy on the couch on Christmas Eve, watching A Christmas Story, in a festive, new pair of pajamas - one of my favorite, most comfortable fits! Luckily, my husband has been a good sport about this, even though his dresser drawer is brimming with pajama sets from Christmases past.

But after an evening in fancy holiday dresses and binding tights, "pajama time" is made even better with a cute, new pair of pjs (and hot chocolate with Bailey's Mint...I'm just saying), and think of how cute you will look Christmas morning for all those gift opening photos!

Here is what I am envisioning for my Christmas Eve/Morning gift opening attire (coupled with a hot cup of coffee and, perhaps, a mimosa!?!):

1. BCBG Twisted Drape Top
2. J. Crew Wool/Cotton Snood
3. Rachel Roy Fair Isle Leggings
4. Hue Striped Knee-Highs
5. Felted Slippers (Esty.com)

It might seem rather foolish to think about your holiday pajamas, but consider all the photos that will be taken. Do you want to have the unkempt look that you had Christmas morning in 2nd grade? Or, do you want to look cute, comfortable, yet effortless when you look back at photos from Christmas 2011?

I know that I am very excited to see what pajamas my husband picked out this year!

1 comment:

  1. Pajama to the left, pajama to the right, jamma, jamma, jamma, jamma, ALL NIGHT!

    I love those slippers.

    ReplyDelete