Thursday, April 19, 2012

Finalize My Fit: Fitting for a Farewell

By: LL
Tomorrow is my last day at my position with the University of Tennessee. It will be a sad day as I bid farewell to all the wonderful individuals that I have been working with over the last few years. And, it will also be a day to make one final impression, so, of course, I need to plan out the right outfit. I want to retain my professionalism, but this will be a more laid-back day than others. These are the two outfits that I am tossing back and forth. One is appropriate for a good-bye lunch and the other for after-work cocktails.



Option #1: 
Old Navy Dress; Ralph Lauren Cardigan; Cole Haan Pumps; J. Crew Necklace; Forever21 Bangles
{A little more laid-back and perfect for lunch at an outdoor café. Great for this time of year in Memphis}




Option #2:
Deletta Blouse (Anthropologie); Forever 21 Skirt; New York & Co. Blazer; Aldo Pumps, Forever 21 Necklace & Bracelets
{The dressier option. Perfect if we meet after work for a cocktail}


Both of these looks will work and do not stray from my normal business style - which I think it key to that final impression. It is important to have that final image be a good summary of yourself - to reinforce who you have been during your time at a company/institution. I wouldn't recommend trying something completely different. For instance, if you didn't ever wear jeans or sandals to work before, don't plan to wear them on your last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment