Saturday, June 30, 2012

Functional Fit: Backwards Dress?

By: Cool J
Functional Fits can take many forms- a versatile outfit that crosses over from work to evening, a simple blazer that can complete several outfits in different seasons, or a tunic that can be worn as a top or a dress... (Read about all of our previous Functional Fit posts HERE!)


I recently discovered a new kind of functional fit when I happened to take a fall while running a few weeks ago. I scraped up my knee and my shoulder. The injury was really not too painful but it was not very pretty...




So as last Monday's "Share our Strength Hotlist" event approached, I had to figure out what I could wear on a hot summer evening, without putting my injury on full display.


I had planned to wear the Rachel Roy dress that I received at the Fashion Swap from my friend Laura. (Read all about the Fashion Swap here)


In this picture, the dress (on the left) is on the hanger "correctly"- i.e. forwards. You can see that the right shoulder would be exposed.




I discovered that the dress actually was exactly the same, however, if I wore it "backwards". 




 I just had to remove the tags in the front, and this functional fit would safely hide my injured shoulder at the event! 






FUNCTIONAL FIT TO THE RESCUE!

And no one knew...until I posted it on my blog of course...



No comments:

Post a Comment