Saturday, November 24, 2012

Featured Fit: Yellow and Navy!


By Jess
Sorry for the short hiatus from the blog, but it was a busy Thanksgiving in Wisconsin! 

LL and I have a lot to share from the weekend, and you'll be seeing a lot of posts from this reunion of both ladies behind the the Right Fits. But let me start from the beginning!

The D-man and I arrived on Wednesday evening in time for a perfect pre-race meal at Jake’s Burgers, (previously known as Haute Taco where we enjoyed our pre-race meal last year.)  
Jake's Burgers was cute, and they had a variety of options from the classic burger to the more interesting type, such as the truffle burger that I ordered, which had melted brie, white truffle oil, and arugula. So good!

LL had shared her packing tips on Wednesday (in this POST) and I guess her color scheme must have stuck with me, as I ended up wearing a very similar outfit…Twinsies!
What can I say, great minds think alike! 

Yellow and navy are a perfect combination. 
Add some stripes or polka dots to spruce up an otherwise simple outfit. 
Pair it all with a funky necklace like LL did!
{Yes, I am a giant compared to LL...and I was wearing flats!}

While visiting my family (probably our most loyal readers), my sisters mentioned that we had strayed from our fashion focus on the blog. They mentioned that most of our recent posts were about fitness. So, we are going to try to amp up our outfit posts! 

Some quick tips for those sisters: mix and match! 
Not everything has to be match-matchy. Mix patterns. Mix colors. And mix some bright colors into your neutral wardrobe, even if just with a bold necklace. (Insider tip: you could probably find the J.Crew bubble necklace on ebay for a fraction of the price....)

LL’s ensemble:
Yellow cardigan from Old Navy (find it HERE for only $22.50)
Striped shirt from the Gap
Necklace: Red bubble necklace from J.Crew (find it here)
Boots: Abound
Skinny jeans:  Always Skinny by The Gap (find them here)

Cool J's ensemble:
Yellow cardigan: J.Crew- Find it here on sale now for $62
Polka Dot beach coverup, worn as a shirt (as seen HERE) from J.Crew
Pants: Navy corduroy skinnies from the Gap
Boots: Aubrey riding boots in cognac (as seen HERE)

I’m sure you’re DYING to hear the results of the 5th Annual Turkey Trot. 
Check back in a few hours, and that post will be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment