Thursday, November 29, 2012

Fits on the Road: Shopping in Brookfield, Wisconsin


By Cool J
Friday morning in Brookfield came with a drastic change in weather, and my “long”-ish run with Matilda was very windy and cold. I was ready to be done with the outdoors after that run, so I happily headed out for a day of shopping with 3 of my 4 sisters. Normally, I try to avoid the insanity of Black Friday, but we weren't planning to go to the normal malls or stores....instead, we checked out some unique Brookfield locales!

First, we hit up “Faye’s Boutique in Brookfield.

My sister Cresta had been fitted there recently for a charity fashion show through her college sorority, and she wanted us to see the killer Diane Von Furstenberg dress she found there.
Don't you just love it? She is still debating whether or not to purchase this dress. I say, DO IT! You’re worth it! The dress looked great on her (to be honest, I wouldn’t mind borrowing it sometime too!) She works very hard, and deserves a little splurge. A black DVF cocktail dress will be a staple for many future events.

Though I did try on some dresses that I liked, I didn't end up buying anything. This Diane Van Furstenberg dress was one of my favorites.....

Apparently this is a popular dress- I found this picture of Lauren Conrad in the same one!
Buyer's remorse! Maybe I should have bought it....
Cresta, learn from my mistake- buy the dress!

I would recommend checking out this boutique for some higher-end retail therapy if you're in the Brookfield area. The store carried a lot of fun jewelry, accessories, Splendid tees, Tory Burch clothes and shoes, and clearly lots of fun dresses!

{another fun black dress at Faye's}

After Faye’s, we took things down a notch to a more budget friendly store that “Fit the Bill”- Elite Repeat! 


This consignment store actually carried some of the same brands as Faye’s, but they were slightly used, and going for a much more wallet-friendly price.

All four of us found a lot of fun new articles to add to our wardrobes. LL found a unique clutch and an awesome leather skirt, which I hope we'll see soon on the blog! I found a striped nautical cardigan, and a bold pink wool skirt, as well as these two funky necklaces.
{New accessories that Fit the Bill!}


My skirt was actually a little big, but my mom is quite the seamstress (I wish I had her skills) so she will be altering it for me and shipping it to me soon. Stay tuned for pics!

I’d definitely recommend Elite Repeat for any styling girls on a budget, if you find yourself in Brookfield. You might not always find the right fit every time you're there, but I guarantee if you’re a repeat shopper, you’ll be able to score some winners!

No comments:

Post a Comment