Monday, December 31, 2012

Guest Fit: Married to Fitness (and fashion)

By the D-man
As 2012 comes to a close and we reflect back on what a great year it has been and give thanks to those who made it so special, it only seems rightly fitting (get it?) to thank my wife for a few things:
  • Thank you for allowing me to drop everything I’m doing on a regular basis to rush to your aid in capturing on film what is sure to be the greatest outfit for whatever thing we’re about to do.
  • Thank you for supporting local clothing merchants and keeping the US economy rolling through these tumultuous times with the same excuse: “It’s for the blog”
  • Thank you for teaching me that you can twist things like working out and shopping for clothes into chores with which you can counter my mowing the lawn, shoveling the snow, walking the dog, scooping dog poop, cleaning the toilets and remodeling rooms of the house.  I never appreciated just how balanced things really were....

Sarcasm you say?  There may be just a bit in that list but there legitimately are some things I am thankful for.

  • Thank you for giving me an excuse to buy a decent camera.  I do love that camera.
  • Thank you for introducing me to kettle bells, I never would have ended up there on my own and we runners need a bit of balance in our life.
  • Thank you for helping maintain our healthy lifestyle while not being afraid to partake in the occasional indulgence.
{occasional indulgences....}
  • Thank you for keeping me on track, even when I complain.  I may just want to relax and enjoy a leisurely breakfast at the cabin but it does taste all that sweeter after I have gone for a run or a morning paddle.
  • Last but most certainly not least:
Thank you for being a wonderful wife and my best friend.



PS- if you haven't liked the Right Fits on Facebook yet, go do it! 
Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/TheRightFits?ref=stream







No comments:

Post a Comment