Monday, January 28, 2013

Featured Fit: A Masquerade!

By Cool J in Minneapolis

Last Saturday, the D-man and I put on our black-and-white attire (he even donned his tuxedo!), scrounged up some masks, and met up with our favorite neighbors for an interesting night out.


























Why the masks? It was all for a good cause:
CURE is the primary young
professional fundraising group for
the American Cancer Society in the 
Twin Cities. All proceeds raised at
CURE events go directly to cancer
research taking place right here at 
the University of Minnesota. Please 
join us in the fight against cancer.

The night included drinks, dancing, and light appetizers at the Aria at the Jeune Lune in downtown Minneapolis. The people watching was phenomenal...Where do all these ladies get full-length ball gowns? Are they pagaent princesses? Who knows...

As for me, I am no pagaent princess, and had to go with a simple black cocktail length dress I had in the closet from my mother-in-law's wedding (which I posted about here). 

My coworker lent me the mask, which I loved, but I have to admit it wasn't quite as awesome as this couple's masks!

{oh, what a fun couple}

Honestly, the frozen half marathon earlier in the day left me a little sleepy, so we didn't stay at the event all that late. We did a bit of dancing, had a drink or two, perused the silent auction items, and then called it a night.  But it was an interesting change of scenery- a side of Minneapolis I probably don't see every Saturday night. 

....And I always love an excuse to get dressed up!

So, where does one find a mask in Minneapolis? Cost Plus World Market is your best bet for a fun mask. Like I mentioned, mine was from a coworker. I did hear that Pier 1 also carried lots of fun masks, and had I had more time to plan, I definitely would have checked out Etsy for a handmade one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment