Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Throwing a Fit: Plum and Turquoise

By: LL
Do you ever stumble across a color combination and cannot seem to shake it? A few months ago I was all about navy and mustard, now I am throwing a fit about plum and turquoise. And to make matters worse, every store I go into lately has amazing deals on plums - perfect compliments for my turquoise J. Crew Bubble Necklace. Two weekends ago, I wandered into H&M and picked up this plum blazer on sale (as all of you long-time readers know, I have a blazer addiction - so this was a no-brainer purchase for me):


And then the other day, I got this fiesta purple button-down top from J. Crew:


I know that plums were a big color of the fall, but at that time I was too caught up in orange/rust colors. So if you are like me and joining the plum bandwagon in January, here are few of my favorite looks combining plum and turquoise:

{Blake Lively}

{From J's Everyday Fashion - absolutely love her bold color choices here}


{Rachel Roy}

Who knows what the color combination I will be throwing a fit over in a couple of weeks, but for the next month or so, one of my outfits each week will likely include this color combination in one way or another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment