Sunday, March 17, 2013

Fit the Bill: J.Crew Knockoffs...

By Cool J in Minneapolis

It's no surprise that LL and I are both fans of J.Crew. We love their clothes and we love their accessories! We both have multiple versions of the bubble necklace (like the yellow one below).
Yellow bubble necklace
The problem is that J.Crew accessories can be a little pricey. I had been admiring the flower bib necklace (check it out here). Its actually on sale right now for $50, which isn't that bad. But I wanted it in multiple colors, and I already have a lot of necklaces. Should I really be spending $50/pop on more necklaces? Probably not.
Lots of necklaces...
So, I'm going to let you in on a little secret...

Go to ebay, and type in "J.Crew Flower Bib Necklace," and guess what? You can find knockoffs for $10/pop. Yep, only $10. So I bought three!

I know J.Crew would not be pleased if they knew I was encouraging you to buy knockoffs, but can you even tell the difference?

Genuine JCrew Flower Bib Necklace

My Knockoff Version:

Don't get me wrong, I'm still giving J.Crew a lot of my business. In fact, I paired that knockoff necklace with a genuine J.Crew Jules Dress in Trompe L'oeil Lace (now sold out) for a dinner and a play last night.

On a side note, I brought my Stella and Dot Gold Metallic & Black Snakeskin Tech Case Wallet. I bought it a few months ago at a party hosted by Erin O'Leary of Denim and Ink.  It even fits your iPhone! I love it.


So that's my fashion secret for you. Ebay. Knockoff J.Crew necklaces. It works for several other styles that you find in your J.Crew catalogue!

But don't tell anyone else, I don't want everyone to know how I scored so many different version of this funky statement necklace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment