Sunday, June 23, 2013

Weekly Recap: Back At It!

By Cool J in Minneapolis

Hello friends! How was your week and weekend?

There have been some crazy storms here in Minneapolis the past few days. In fact some of my friends are still without power! There were no reported tornadoes, but the wreckage of downed trees and flooded streets seems nearly as bad as if there had been.
just one example of a tree I saw in Minneapolis
We were fortunate that we didn't lose power and were able to continue on as usual. "As usual" this week meant back to running! This week marked the end of "Newport" recovery, and time to get back at it.

I've found that if I post a weekly recap, I am more accountable for fitting in the cross training, rest, and yoga that I know that I need. So here goes...

Monday: Run in AM, Balanced Barre in the PM
Tuesday: Run in AM
Wednesday: French 5k (Read about it here)
Thursday: Run in AM
Friday: Complete rest
Saturday: Run 12 miles - it was SO humid. This is me post- run, and no, I did not wet my pants. That was just sweat!

Sunday: Run to the YMCA, take Body Pump class, run home afterwards, total of 5.25 miles
Total mileage: about 38 miles, 1 barre, and 1 strength. Not perfect, but somewhat balanced.

After Saturday's long run, Dustin and I paddleboarded for about an hour. It was our first time back on the water this summer, and it was so fun!
(Picture from last summer, not yesterday)
The rest of the weekend was low-key but nice. As usual, there was plenty of time at the dog park with Matilda and some housework. Saturday night, we had dinner at Pig Ate My Pizza in Robbinsdale (so good!). Sunday, I met a few friends at the St. Louis Park Aquatic Center for some sun and fun.

So that's my weekend in a nutshell. I hope you enjoyed the first official summer weekend!

I know that LL has a great Fits on the Road coming about her weekend away for her anniversary. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment