Monday, June 24, 2013

Throwing a Fit: Yellow Gold

By LL

When I was in high school and college, I never thought that I would wear yellow gold. It reminded me too much of the late 80s and early 90s. It seemed fake and over the top. But here I am now, gravitating toward yellow gold - jewelry, accents, you name it. I particularly think that yellow gold looks great with a summer glow. Not sold yet? Here are a few of the pieces that I am throwing a fit over right now.





{Steve Madden Serenite - $49.95}
Confession: I already have these, but am thinking about replacing them with the ones below!
{P-Stacie in Cognac by Steve Madden - $59.95}


{J.Crew Enamel and Gold Bangles - $49.50}

{Kate Spade Necklace - on sale for $54.50}


{TopShop tank and clutch - sold out!}

There are many different ways to start integrating yellow gold into your wardrobe. But you must remember to edit. Wearing too much gold or the wrong gold pieces paired together can make you look cheap and over-the-top. Try adding a few gold bangles and pairing it with a gold-accented tank. Space the gold out into different parts of your look. Try to avoid yellow gold jewelry with a yellow gold dress - I do not think that I need to explain this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment