Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fresh New Fit: "MINQ" and Shopping at the West End

By Jess in Minneapolis

Last Tuesday night, Carly from A la Mode Wardrobe Consulting hosted a Fall Kickoff party at MINQ boutique at the Shops at the West End.

If you're new to the blog, I had a wardrobe consultation with Carly in June. You can read about it HERE and HERE

A few friends of mine joined me at 6 pm on Tuesday to check out the party. The owner of MINQ  Stacy Finnegan, used to have a store at 50th/France in Edina called "Il Vostro Boutique." Whenever I would visit that store, Stacy would select items for me to try on that I never thought I would like, but then they always ended up being some of my favorites items. In fact, she picked out the dress I wore to my own wedding rehearsal, which I loved at the time. I can't believe that was almost five years ago!
With that said, I was excited for the opportunity to check out Stacy's new venture, MINQ  and it didn't disappoint. It carries a lot of upscale brand dresses, such as Laundry and Hale Bob. The store also offers menswear, including Moods of Norway, one of Dustin's favorites.
from MINQ's facebook page
The party included wine and some light appetizers. Carly (the wardrobe consultant) has hired two additional consultants, and they were all on hand to offer advice and fashion tips.

I tried on a few dresses that I liked, (that Stacy suggested, of course!) But I was practical and realized that I didn't really need them right now. I decided to pass on the dresses for now, and instead decided on this orange sweater/jacket instead by Tulle- $80 with 20% off at the party. You can find it at MINQ now!
MINQ also carries this sweater in black, but I thought orange was perfect for the upcoming fall.

After our time at MINQ  we also stopped by the Lululemon a few doors down, and then made our way to Primp, and Anthropologie. Abby found an awesome dress at Anthro for an upcoming wedding, the Spliced Pencil Dress. (I hope she lets me borrow it some time!)


After we were done shopping, we headed over to the "new" Figlio restaurant for dinner. For those of you who knew the old Figlio restaurant, unfortunately, you may be a little disappointed. Dinner was fine, but the atmosphere just isn't the same as the old one. However, the company I was with was great, and it was a fun evening checking out MINQ and all the other great stores at the Shops at the West End! 

I recommend the Shops at the West End for ladies looking for some fun, new fashion at a variety of price ranges, from budget (Primp, Charming Charlie) to the more expensive (MINQ). You'll be surprised at all your options at this shopping destination!



No comments:

Post a Comment