Thursday, October 24, 2013

Failed Fit: Under Armour Capris

By Jess in Minneapolis

Most of the time,  I post about products I love. I mean, that's what Friday's Favorite Fits are all about! 

But that's not all the Right Fits is about. In fact, this blog is all about sharing our experiences trying to find "the right fits" - AND sharing our experiences with the forgettable ones, and the ones that you wish you could forget.  So, today, I have to tell you about a recent failed fit.

Today's failed fit is the Under Armour Women's HeatGear Sonic printed capris.

Let me back up. This is what I wore for an easy run with Matilda today. 

Pretty simple, right? It's in the upper 40's here, and I was plenty warm in two layers on top and capris on the bottom (and a polka dot BIC band of course).

The run started off all well and good. Yet just a quarter mile in, I realized that those capris were not meant to be, at least for my body. Nope- these capris were evil!  They would not stay up on a run. I spent the whole run pulling these suckers up, less I have a serious plumber's crack situation.

I wasn't blessed with a whole lotta junk in the trunk, so maybe these pants would stay up better on someone else, but I struggled with them the whole way. They were not comfortable and not the right fit.
I picked them up a week or two ago at Dick's Sporting Goods because I thought the pattern looked a little like lululemon capris. 

Yep, I bought them because I thought they were cute!

....but I did try them on, and they seemed to fit okay, and the price was right (only $39.99). I like the thick black waistband, and the pattern is fun and cute, but they are just not the right fit for me. I probably will still be able to tolerate wearing them for 4-5 miles, but definitely not anything longer. I spent way too much time and energy just trying to keep them up.

Even though the price of these Under Armour capris fit the bill, I think its worth it to pay up for the right fit. I recommend paying up for running capris that actually fit really well. LL and I both love the lululemon wonder unders. They are a lot more expensive ($82 and up) but the fit is amazing.

I also love my Brooks Infiniti Capris, which have reflective stripes and a nice, tight fit. They run around $60/pair.

Either the Brooks or the lululemon stay up on the butt throughout miles and miles.  Trust me, I have put them to the test!

Just not the Under Armour capris... 

So there you have it. Today's Failed Fit- the Under Armour Women's HeatGear Sonic printed capris. Stay away!



2 comments:

  1. I bought a pair of Under Armor running capris over the summer and I can not run in them. Like you, I'm always pulling up the waist. So frustrating when you just want to get in a good run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear I wasn't the only one! I don't know what it is about those Under Armour capris! We should complain to the company :)

    ReplyDelete