Saturday, November 30, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving From the Right Fits!

Sorry for the short hiatus. I was in Milwaukee for the past three days with my family. All four of my sisters were there with their husbands and kids. It was definitely a full house!

The rest of my family ran a Turkey Trot 5k on Thanksgiving morning, but my "stress reaction" in my tibia meant no running for me. Fortunately, I am still able to work out with other activities, so I went to a Body Pump class at my sister's gym, Elite Sports Club

What I love about Body Pump is that its the same class no matter where you go. The class is all weight lifting, with no jumping or high-impact activities, so it didn't cause any issues for the "stress reaction."

Then it was time to cook! I was in charge of the mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, baked brie phyllo cups with craisins and walnuts, scalloped corn, rice krispie treats, and Oreo truffles. I prepped most of the food the weekend before, so at the last minute I was also tasked with the sweet potato casserole.

There were a lot of cooks in the kitchen, but that's what makes it so fun.

Like every Thanksgiving, I ate just a bit too much, but had a great time with my family. 
We played plenty of games (Truth be Told, Things, Fishbowl, etc) and ate plenty of food.

By the end of the day, my little family was ready for a nap!


Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment