Friday, September 5, 2014

Stitch Fix #4: Failed Fit...

Okay, I know the blog is more of a running blog now, but the Stitch Fix recaps still somehow are kinda popular...so even though my most recent Stitch Fix was a flop, here is the recap for your viewing pleasure/displeasure.

I have tried Stitch Fix four times now (past reviews HERE, HERE, and HERE.) If you're unfamiliar with Stitch Fix, this is how it works:

1) Sign up
2) Fill out a style profile
3) Personal stylist sends you a box full of clothing and/or accessories
4) You try them on, in the comfort of your own home, where you can pair each item with other items in your closet to see how they would look
5) Anything you don't like, you send back in a postage-paid envelope within three days
6) Keep all five items and receive 25% off!
7) Look great in your new clothes, without the hassle of fighting crowds at the malls

To sign up, you pay a $20 styling fee. You can sign up for just one "fix" and then quit. There is no commitment to continue buying "fixes" or to buy anything at all!

With the first three fixes, I usually kept 2-3 items out of my fix. Unfortunately, my last fix was a complete flop.

I'm not sure what went wrong this time, but I didn't like anything that I received. None of it was terrible, but none of it was the right fit.

Item #1:  Brydon Twisted Seams Striped Tank
Too loose and short.

 Item #2: Downing Striped Knit Shirt
This shirt was fine, just kind of boring. I like yellow, but this shirt was just "meh."

Item #3: Esten Button-Up Sleeveless Blouse
I considered keeping this one as a layering piece under suits or blazers, but it was just too short to tuck in and it would look too sloppy untucked for that purpose.


Item #4:Franklin Striped Side Gathered Short Sleeve Shirt
Again, I considered keeping this top as it was just okay, but I decided against it.

I decided against it because I have a similar color/style shirt from Old Navy (pictured below). Seems kind of silly to keep the Stitch Fix one as well...


There you have it. My fourth Stitch Fix flop. Again, nothing was terrible this time, its just that nothing was awesome. Fortunately, I'm only out $20., but I still think I'll wait awhile before trying it again.

Have you tried Stitch Fix? What did you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment