Sunday, January 29, 2012

Finalize My Fit: Stella and Dot Party

By Jessie

Last week, a friend hosted a Stella and Dot party at her beautiful home, with beautiful jewelry to peruse and plenty of wine and tasty treats. (FYI, the friend is the lovely writer of Denim and Ink - go check out her blog!)


I had heard a lot about Stella and Dot. LL often says she uses their pieces for inspiration for her necklaces. However, this was my first time at one of the trunk shows.

I was in love! There were so many cute necklaces, rings, bracelets, and earrings. I could picture all the fun ways I could use the accessories to liven up my current wardrobe.

The hard part is that the necklaces are a little pricier than the ones I get from LL (i.e. free from LL,  versus average price of $100 at Stella and Dot).

Also, I know my husband will read this and state for the 100th time, "You have too many necklaces"...which might be true.  I suppose my necklace hangers are a little full...


(Necklace hangers are handmade by my dad, as LL wrote about here - don't you think he should sell them on Etsy?) Here's what one looks like empty:


Okay, so maybe I do have too many necklaces...But I couldn't resist one particular necklace from Stella and Dot. It was my favorite color (blue), and the other ladies agreed that it was very me, and I should definitely get it- (such bad influences my friends are, aren't they?)

So I took the plunge and purchased this Bahari Necklace


"Three strands of mixed semi-precious dyed jade and acrylic stones drape from shiny 12k gold plated handmade brass chain links and metallic thread"

I'm excited for it to arrive, and can't wait to incorporate it into my attire. Perhaps styled as below, in the warmer months?


Or maybe it will work with this wrapped rushed tee I recently purchased at Anthropologie
Red and blue are always a good pair.


I think I can find lots of ways to incorporate the Bahari necklace. 
I'm excited to "finalize my fit" with this new piece!
One other upside to this post?I was inspired to go through all my necklaces....yikes!

And I set aside some I haven't worn in a few years for an upcoming fashion swap that I hope to host in the spring...now the hangers look a little more organized, don't you think?

                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment