Friday, January 27, 2012

Fits Do Fitness Class Reviews: Bootcamp Stops for No One!

By: Cool J
I survived bootcamp day 4 and 5, though I can't say the same for all my cohorts (see below).

Day 4 was rather uneventful, with more circuits focused on strength. My body is sore all over, yet I am starting to feel stronger and see results, at least a little bit!

Day 4 Circuits:
  1. Sumo squat with twist on BOSU ball
  2. Staggered pushups with side planks
  3. Off center stability ball with Roman Twists
  4. Ballast ball with skull crushers
  5. TRX airplane with single leg squat
  6. Lunge with medicine ball with sidekick
  7. Plank with dumbbell back raises
  8. Horse squat with upright rows
  9. Walking lunge with bicip curl
  10. Exercise band lat pulldown
Example #1:

Example #4:


Example #9


My second workout was running again, but it paid off! Every time you do the second workout, you put your name in a drawing and today I won some China Gel (kind of like Ben-Gay I guess?)

Day 5 was cardio focused circuits again:
  1. Alternating split leg lunge jumps with Ballast ball with twist
  2. Cone jumps (again!)
  3. Exercise band back rows (fast as you can!)
  4. Heisman/knee raises on the step
  5. Eagle leg/arm crunches
  6. BOSU ball squats with biceip curls
  7. Stability ball hamstring curl
  8. TRX squat jumps
  9. Ab twists with medicine ball
  10. Mountain climbers
Today seemed to go quickly (which was great, as I did drink a little wine last night at book club and was worried how I would feel this morning! You know how that is!)

Unfortunately, a fellow bootcamper fell off the step on Exercise #4. It appeared that she may have sprained her ankle. I'm assuming that all the Corepower teachers have first aid training, and I thought that they handled the situation very well. A few of the teachers stopped to help her, while the other kept us going on the circuits. In fact, we still made it through 4 rounds of the circuits with time for extra core work and a cool down at the end. Bootcamp stops for no one!

No comments:

Post a Comment