Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Throwing a Fit: Heat Wave Must Haves

By: LL
We've only been in KC for a week and I feel that we have gone through all four seasons in just over seven days. When we arrived, it felt like spring, then it rained for two days, followed by the cold and a little sleet, another warm day, and now - sweltering and muggy. I just don't get this weather! Guess that there will be no "putting away the winter wardrobe" up here.

Since my husband and I have a lot planned over the next few days - activities that will require us to be outside in the heat (aka Cinco de Mayo) - I pulled a few of my heat wave must-haves. After living in the South for a few years, I have learned (but will probably never master) cute ways to stay cool. Here are a few of my favorites:

1. A cute, yet totally functional, fan, which is a great accessory for any outfit.

{Find this fan and many more fashionable, affordable fans here}

2. A breathable, short dress, keeping in mind that you will want a color that will not show any sweat. The stripes in this dress will help to mask any noticeable sweat.




3. A shady hat, to keep out the sun and protect your skin, all the while providing a little shade.


A good compliment to these must-haves are a good side braid and minimal make-up as all the sweating is not good under layers of foundation, and even the strongest mascara will be a little smeared by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment