Monday, October 29, 2012

Creating Fits: Necklaces for Fall

By: LL
Since my birthday (which was last Thursday), I have been battling a horrible cold that nicely hampered my husband's and my weekend plans and birthday celebration. However, what this cold has done, is give me some spare time to work on some necklaces. Here are two new ones that I created this weekend and am getting excited to wear this week (once I am back to work).

I took inspiration from the Anthropologie Stormy Sea necklace (below).

I decided on a more autumnal palate. I choose glasses beads in two different sizes and placed them on a bronze chain using a head pin. Since the beads had a fairly large hole for the head pins, I used a small bronze bead as an accent and for security at the bottom.



{My interpretation - Fall Bushels}


For the second necklace that I made, I based it upon Stella & Dot's Bahari necklace.


Even though I absolutely love the blue and gold combination, I decided to use more of a green/turquoise with silver accents. I strong the beads on wire and then put them all together on a chain. 



{My interpretation - Santorini}

I hope that making these two necklaces will jump start my motivation to finally inventory all my jewelry-making supplies so that I can get back into this hobby again.

Also, a piece of food for thought - the Stormy Seas necklace and Bahari necklace are both over $100. Each of the necklaces that I made probably cost me $20-$25.

1 comment: