Saturday, April 27, 2013

Throwing a Fit: Stripes and prints

By LL in KC

Growing up, I learned a few fashion rules passed down from wise women, one of which was that browns and blacks don't go together just like stripes and prints don't go together. Well, after years of abiding by this rule, I am hear to tell you that I have become a rule breaker. I have, in fact, paired browns and blacks and loved every minute of it. Cognac boots and black skinnies were a staple of my fall/winter wardrobe, and it wasn't like I was the only one wearing this combo.


{An example from The Skinny Blonde Girl}

{Ellen Pompeo}

But with winter finally gone, I have placed my cognac boots in storage and have moved onto the great bold patterns that define summer. Here are a few of my more recent purchases:

{Loft - $49.50 with an additional 40% off today}

{Loft - $59.50 with an additional 40% off today}

These will be nice paired with solids, or how great with another pattern!! You might need a minute to digest that idea...I did. Or, you might need a few test runs pairing different prints together while staying in the safety of your home. But here are a few great looks to give you some inspiration. 







If you still need some more inspiration, or you flat out don't trust me saying that pattern mixing is totally hot (not hot mess) this spring/summer, then check out this article: How to Mix Patterns Without Looking Like a Hot Mess

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment