Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Wintry Half Marathon and a Bachelorette Party!

Hey, 30 day plank challenge participants: today is a rest day, and tomorrow we do four minutes!

I actually missed planking yesterday, so I needed to make it up today. I was able to do my 3.5 minutes with no break to the knees. I did rotate a few times to a side plank, but I kept working the whole 3.5 minutes. It was a challenge, but I think I am stronger than I was on 1/1/14.

How do you feel? Stronger? We are almost to five minutes!


You can also still enter into the drawing for the $50 gift card to Gear Running store. Just comment and answer four questions on THIS POST. I'm leaving the giveaway open for one week, so you have until next Wednesday to enter. The winner will be announced Thursday, January 30th on the blog!

Yesterday was a crazy fun but full day for my friend Jen's bachelorette party. We started out with a freezing cold half marathon, the Securian Winter Run in St. Paul.


We tried to stick together in a group, and do the run for fun, but around mile 10, I actually wiped out on the icy roads! I got a little nervous at that point, and the rest of the girls got ahead of me, but we all finished under two hours. I was happy with that time for a "fun run" in such tough conditions! I will post a full race review later this week.

Then, after a quick shower at the St. Paul YMCA (free for runners post-race), we headed to Phresh for manicures and pedicures. We had a lovely private room for all twelve or so ladies to get pampered, while sipping on champagne and enjoying some tasty snacks.

Eventually, we made our way to the historic Saint Paul Hotel to get dolled up before the bachelorette opened her gifts, while we enjoyed more snacks and more champagne!

We had dinner reservations at 8 pm at Pazzaluna, which was right across the street from the Saint Paul Hotel  I had never eaten there before, but I think most everyone enjoyed their meals. It was in the perfect location too, as by that time of night it was really snowing (which, I should mention was very pretty by Rice Park, with all the decorations for the Winter Carnival. St. Paul can be quite charming!).

After dinner, we went back to the hotel lobby bar for a bit, before taking the hotel's van out to a few drinking establishments in the lowertown neighborhood of St. Paul:

(said hotel van)

We found our way to Barrio St. Paul for some dancing, as well as the Bulldog before cabbing it back to the hotel for the night.

It was a very busy day, but we all had such a great time celebrating the bride-to-be, with what she described as "the perfect day"- running, mani/pedis, dinner, and lots of girl time!

Only Minnesota girls run half marathons in sub-zero temps for a bachelorette party, right? 
We say brrring it on!


No comments:

Post a Comment